Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Hola


We made it to Argentina. The flights were so terrible. I would highly recommend never flying Delta. The way to Atlanta was the smallest grossest flight. This baby puked everywhere and it was that terrible baby-formula-puke smell and the plane was so hot that it just permeated everything. BLAH!!! My PSA is don't feed babies before boarding planes. Gross.

Then we had a lot of time in Atlanta where we met up with our cousin, Lauren, who was on her way down to Alabama. It was nice seeing her and I will post a picture when I have a little more time.

We then got on one of the first 767's ever made and crammed into our little seats. We were surrounded by the most obnoxious French family. If you wanted to know what white trash is in France, they were sitting behind us. Then in front of us was the Jesus Christ Church of the Ladder Day Saints missionary kids. They all had to wear suits to travel - sucks. Then I got confused because all of their names were Elder. Took awhile to realize Elder was their rank. Anyway, 2 ambien later I slept about 5 hours or so.

We just got to the hotel. Freshening up the best we can in sinks and changed our clothes. Now we are off to figure out how to get money, grab some food and then check back in so we can nap.

Ann commented that so far Buenos Aires is like Madrid meets LA. We'll take some pics and let you decide.

Adios!

4 comments:

sara said...

I've never seen French white trash. I guess you could call them "trash blanc"..

I expect you to interact with some locals this evening and I want a full report tomorrow. That voice inside your head that keeps you from making rash desisions doesn't speak spanish so don't listen to it.

Anonymous said...

Did you fly coach? WOW, i didn't know people still did that. You are missing wonderful weather here in Chicago. Still foggy, slight rain and 2 inches of snow on the way. Think London meets hell.

Have fun at the leather mart!!!

Anonymous said...

Does everyone say Arghentina? Miss you. I can't wait to hear what Arghentinians do for Thanksgiving. :) he he Gobble gobble

Kathy said...

How exciting about the trash blanc! I hope to see some over new years.

I'm going out of town in the morning but will check back with you after Thanksgiving. I want to hear all about the personal shopper and what sounds like the most luxurious bus ride ever.