Friday, November 23, 2007

Protest!


Yesterday Ann and I went to the Plaza Mayo - pronounced Platha Majjo down here - and there was another protest. I think there are a few each day. This one was complete with loud booming noises.


We then went to see the mothers who have marched each Thursday for 30 years in protest of their children being taken away. It is a sad story of 30 years ago when a huge group of young people who were against the government were kidnapped and never seen or heard from again.



Also we learned that many people think there could be a military coup next year because of the incoming president. Most do not like this woman and see her as another Evita. They speak of coups like it's no big deal...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A few months ago I saw a movie about the lost children in Argentina. I was amazed that I had never heard about this! I'm impressed that you guys learned about this - and that the women are still marching!