Sunday, May 10, 2009

Cuzco

Cuzco is great. The main square almost reminds me of something from Europe as opposed to SA. Please feel free to agree or disagree all of you who´ve been here. We had a snack and sipped pisco sours on a balcony overlooking the Plaza and walked around the city.






We then went to the San Blas neighborhood and had a great dinner. For the record Alpaca fur is much softer than Alpaca meat. I decided to try the ham, cheese and currants wrapped in Alpaca and then cooked. Ann had her favorite Peruvian meal - steak with the veggies, fries and rice.

It is now Sunday morning and after breakfast we are off to Pisac for the markets and some ruins and then we are going to see where the day takes us. Then tomorrow is our 6:20am meeting with this woman to get us to the train for Aguas Calientes.

More soon! Happy Mother´s Day!!!

2 comments:

Sara said...

agreeance. Like something in Spain. Never had alpaca meat! I never listen to taxi drivers who tell me my hotel is dangerous or closed. But that's just me. And you know I'm not always the barometer of good sense...just adventure. So jealous you are in Cusco. Loved it! I wonder if Los Perros or Mama Africa are still open. I remember going to those places.. San Blas also has a witch doctor store, I recall. Are the postcard kids annoying the %$# out of you yet?

Liz said...

Glad you are having a great trip! It is so fun to be able to read your blog, keep updating it!